Tuesday, May 16, 2006

 

Rhubarb Custard Pie

This is my mum's famous recipe. You don't have to use rhubarb. Any fruit works. My favorite is raspberry. Just use your own pie crust recipe, that one's top secret!

4 cups cut rhubarb (or any other fruit)
2 Tablespoons Flour
3 beaten eggs
1 1/4 cup Sugar


Mix flour, eggs and sugar together and set aside. Should be well blended.

Put Rhubarb in the pie shell and pour mixture over it.

Cover with pie crust.

Cook for 40 minutes at 400 degrees.
Turn down to 350 degrees for approximately 30 more minutes.
Watch pie crust and remove when golden brown on top.

Enjoy! Danielle

Comments:
I made one like this with cranberries and orange zest for Thanksgiving, so good!
 
Great idea! I'm going to try that when the holidays role around again! I'm assuming you used whole cranberries?
 
Thanks Danielle, I can't wait to try it!
 
yep, whole berries, I'll post the recipe :)
 
Post a Comment



<< Home

This page is powered by Blogger. Isn't yours?