Wednesday, May 17, 2006

 

Baked Tilapia

So I'm not very good with amounts, but I love tilapia baked like this:

Spray a caserole dish or cake pan with cooking spray, place the tilapia single layer in the dish. In a bowl, mix 14 0z can whole tomatoes, 1 can tomato paste, and about 1/2-1 cup red or white wine (depending on which you like and how thick or thin you'd like your sauce), 1 or 2 bell peppers cut into 1 inch chunks and 1 onion cut into 1 inch chunks. Add about 1 Tbsp sugar, and salt and pepper to taste. Add garlic powder or minced/chopped garlic if you wish. Pour the tomato mixture over tilapia and bake at 350 degrees until the veggies are tender. Tilapia is thin and doesn't take long to bake. I like to serve it on rice.

If you use frozen tilapia, your sauce will become thinner in the oven, so you may want to start with a slightly thicker sauce, i.e. less wine or more tomato paste.

I read the actual recipe one time and now I just kind of "play it by ear" when I make it, as I'm sure you can tell by my "exact" quantities listed. It's actually pretty hard to mess up, so don't worry about adding more or less of anything.

L&L,

AJ

Comments:
Fabulous - I'm going to make it this weekend
 
Sounds Yummy. I love tilapia!
 
I made this - and it was good, except I used "whiting" instead of tilapia and it was really fishy - but we all agreed that the sauce and veggies were super yummy and that it would probably taste really good with chicken, too.
 
Post a Comment



<< Home

This page is powered by Blogger. Isn't yours?